The weather has started to cool, the nights are getting longer, and the leaves are turning burnt orange – it’s officially fall. Fall is one of those seasons that it can be a real struggle to get your style right for, mainly because of the constantly changing weather. One moment the sun is shining, the next the wind picks up, and it begins to pour. Fall fashion may not be that easy to get right, but below are three cute, quirky outfit combinations that will work well.
1. Button-up skirts and oversized cardigans
Button-up skirts are all the rage this fall and come in a range of styles and materials. The two most popular designs are straight and A-line, with the most popular materials being denim and suede. For a stylish and smart fall look, pair a button-up skirt of your choice with a tucked in top. This could be short sleeved or long-sleeved, it doesn’t matter – roll neck styles tend to work well. Add a pair of tights and an oversized knitted cardigan, as well as a few well thought out accessories. This look tends to work well with flat shoes or a pair of heeled ankle boots. If you’re in need of some new shoes, check out the deals and discounts that are available online – there are plenty to choose from. From Famous Footwear coupon codes to deals and discounts offering free shipping, there are lots of options. It’s just a case of selecting the one that works best for you.
2. Skinny jeans and a knitted jumper
A staple fall look, skinny jeans and a knitted jumper is a look that a lot of use turn to when the cooler weather sets in. It’s one that’s comfortable, cozy, and looks good on almost everyone. However, when you wear the same thing day in, day out, it can get a little dull. To liven up this fall staple, look for knitwear with a difference. Pieces with patterns and prints can work well, as can jumpers of different thicknesses. As well as wearing chunky knitted designs, look out for some fine knit pieces. These are ideal for those days when the weather is cool but not cold enough for a thick jumper. To add a little extra style, consider adding a printed scarf and some standout pieces of jewelry.
3. A pinafore dress and woolen tights
This year, pinafore dresses have really come into their own. As there are so many shapes, styles and designs to choose from, it can be hard to know which style to rock! As a rule of thumb, Ignore traditional fashion “rules” and find one that is both cute and comfortable. There are various materials to choose from, from stretch cotton to cord. There are also lots of different colors and designs to pick from. From plain designs like navy and burgundy to all sorts of geometric and floral prints. Team your pinafore dress of choice with a plain or printed tee or long-sleeved top and a pair of leggings or thick tights. For colder weather, woolen styles tend to work best. As for shoes, for a casual look, Converse-style trainers tend to work well. Or, for a more formal look, ankle or knee-high boots are a good option. If you get cold easily, top this look off with a cozy knitted cardigan.
So there you have it, three cute and quirky outfit ideas that are perfect for fall.
Back-to-school shopping is in full swing- From the metallic accents to the bold pops of color, the super chic desk accessories below will work for any workspace and will have you rocking that fierce Fall 2016 office decor style. Happy accessorizing!
1. ban.do Rose Gold Stars Sticker Pack ($8): You can totally rock stickers in the workplace. Jazz out everything from your laptop case to your binders with this shiny rose gold sticker pack.
2. Design Ideas ClipNote Desk Organizer ($12): Keep track of mail, office memos and business cards with this desk organizer shaped like a giant paperclip. As fun as its design is, it’s also *pretty* practical.
3. Kate Spade Strike Gold Stapler ($28): Boring office supplies are a thing of the past with this fancy stapler. You can breathe new life into this everyday item with an acrylic and gold design.
4. Anthropologie Easel Desk Calendar ($68): If you prefer a desk calendar, consider this stunning easel one. It comes with 13 sheets of gorgeous colored calendar paper.
5. ModCloth Tone Day at a Time 2016-2017 Wall Calendar ($30): Brighten up your office or cubicle with this colorful wall calendar. It features a different set of gorgeous hues to complement each month.
6. ban.do Deluxe Hot Stuff Thermal Mug But First Coffee ($18): Take your morning cup of joe to go with this thermal mug featuring stylish gold lettering. Its design is every bit as cool and collected as you’ll be when you bring it to work.
7. Poppin Small Metallic Journal ($8): Classy and elegant, this metallic finished journal is the stationery must-have come fall. Its modern gleam of copper will tie right into your autumn-inspired arsenal of back-to-school goodies.
8. Urban Outfitters Message Board + Magnets Set ($39): Use magnets to display important reminders on this clear message board. It’s big enough for your memos but small enough so it won’t take up space on your desk or end table.
9. Poketo Gradient Checklist ($6): Don’t risk forgetting anything important! Jot down memos, grocery lists and more on these beautiful gradient checklist pads.